Today is the first day of summer here in Oakville Ontario! It’s also the longest day of the year with the summer solstice. The school year is coming to a close.
Why not use the extra daylight hours to get out of the house and spend some time with friends and family?
Summer Activity Suggestions from an Oakville Physio:
- Splash Pad – most local communities have a splash pad within walking / biking distance. (don’t forget a hat and sunscreen!)
- Walk / Ride the Trails – Our North Oakville community has plenty of trails to get walking or biking with the family.
- Gardening – There’s something about getting your hands dirty in the yard. The Town of Oakville also has plots you can rent. This includes accessible plots.
- Hiking – Pack a lunch and make a day of it while you explore some local trails in the escarpment. If you’re feeling more adventurous you can explore some of the Bruce Trail. Just make sure to pay attention to the direction markers!
- Try a new activity like kayaking, dragon boat or stand up paddle boarding.
If you’re looking for an activity that is suited to you and your needs please feel free to ask you Physio, Massage Therapist, Chiropodist or Yoga Therapist. We’re all happy to help!