Our Chiropodist is a foot care specialist located in our office in Oakville which is easily accessed from Burlington, Milton and Mississauga. This building at the Southeast corner of Dundas Street and Old Bronte Road has free, accessible parking and elevator access to all floors.
Chiropodists provide assessment and treatment of foot and ankle issues and pain for the whole family. Foot related conditions treated by a foot specialist or Chiropodist, includes:
- Diabetic footcare
- Podiatric nailcare
- Heel pain and heel spurs
- Fungal Infections
- Thick toenails
- Athletes foot
- Ingrown Toenail Treatment and Surgery
- Wart treatment and removal
- Corn and Callus Removal
- Corticosteroid Injections
- Seniors foot care
- Prescription Custom Orthotics
- Compression Socks
- Compression Stockings
An important aspect of health care that a Chiropodist offers is diabetic foot care and screenings, geriatric / senior nail care, treatment for sprains, infections, and injuries of the foot, ankle and heel.
Chiropodists are in demand more than ever today due to Canada’s aging population. As our joint and muscular flexibility decreases which can make it more challenging to check our feet as well as groom our nails. A Foot Care Specialist such as a Chiropodist will effectively and safely help with foot and nail care helping to prevent infections and other issues. Foot disorders are among the most widespread and neglected health problems affecting people in this country which is why it is important to have foot care by a Chiropodist as a part of your health care.
Due to their extensive education in foot care and foot health Chiropodists are an ideal Professional to provide Custom Foot Orthotics (corrective shoe inserts), as part of a treatment for a variety of foot and lower limb conditions including but not limited to arthritis, diabetic neuropathy, heel pain, arch pain, bunions etc. The fitting for Orthotics takes place after a thorough bio-mechanical and foot / ankle assessment. Many private insurance plans will cover Custom Orthotics when provided by a Chiropodist or foot care specialist.
Ask us about our Seniors Discount for routine follow-up visits with foot and nail care.
- Consult with patients and other health professionals on how to prevent foot problems.
- Assess and treat warts, tumors, ulcers, fractures, skin and nail diseases, and deformities.
- Prescribe therapies and perform procedures to treat and prevent foot problems.
- Provide patients with custom prescription foot orthotics that correct walking patterns.
- Treat conditions such as: bone disorders, bunions, corns, calluses, cysts, heel spurs, infections, ingrown nails, fungal toenails and plantar fasciitis.
When to Call for a Chiropody (Foot Care) Assessment:
People call a Chiropodist for the assessment and treatment of a wide array of foot and ankle problems. Please contact our Oakville, Ontario office if you experience one of the following:
- Persistent pain in your feet or ankles
Signs of Bacterial Infection May Include:
- Increased pain, swelling, redness, tenderness, or heat.
- Red streaks extending from the affected area.
- Discharge or pus from an area on the foot.
- Foot or ankle symptoms that do not improve after two weeks of treatment with a nonprescription product.
- Spreading of an infection from one area of the foot to another, such as under the nail bed, skin under the nail, the nail itself, or the surrounding skin.
Come See Us
If you need someone to identify the source of your pain or treat your foot ailments come see us at the Palermo Plus Physio and Wellness Foot Clinic. We genuinely care about solving the foot problems of you and your family. We have available appointments evenings and Saturdays to accommodate you better. Call to make an appointment with a foot doctor in Oakville today!