It has been 3 years since we opened out doors to patients in North West Oakville. It’s hard to believe that time has gone that fast.
Over the 3 years the clinic has grown and changed:
- We now have total of 3 full time Physiotherapists on our team.
- We now have 3 Registered Massage Therapists (RMT’s).
- We have expanded the Foot Clinic Hours (Chiropodist)
- We have added a Yoga Therapist to our team.
- We work closely with an awesome group at Lions Valley Athletics
- Our front desk team has grown
We cannot thank Oakville and the neighbouring areas for believing in us and giving us a chance.
The clinic has based how we conduct ourselves on a simple premise:
“How would we want a loved one treated?
The above premise guides us in how we treat our patients:
- We schedule 15 minutes between Massage patients. This allows patients to have their full “table time”. The room change over does not eat into your massage.
- Our Physiotherapists schedule spend 1 full hour for the initial assessment and treatment. Follow-ups are usually 30 minutes. The time you spend in the clinic is one on one with the Physio. We occasionally have students learning / helping who are supervised. We don’t use modialities (TENS or exercises) as a time filler. Treatment for our patients is purposeful to help patients improve and to prevent recurrence.
- We use private treatment rooms for all assessments and treatments as necessary
- We aim to be ethical in our education of patients as well as our treatment plans. If is a treatment is not in your best interests we do not do it. Our practitioners are not given bonuses or incentives for quantity of follow-ups or “retention”. When a person is ready to be independent or discharged, they are.