Last minute Christmas shopping to do? Don’t panic, here are some ideas from our team at Palermo Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre to help with those last minute gift ideas!
- Massage Gift Certificate – Give the gift of relaxation this Christmas! Gift certificates available for 30, 45 or 60 minute massages with one of our North Oakville Registered Massage Therapists (RMT), Josephine or Sarah. We also offer hot stone massage.
- Exercise Ball & Theraband – Start the New Year off right with exercise equipment for those fitness enthusiasts on your list. An elastic exercise band is a fantastic way to start strengthening. They are easy to store and to take travelling. An exercise ball is also a great tool for a number of exercises, including core work. After an individualized assessment a Physiotherapist can provide you with specific exercises that are safe to do that will help you meet your goals to strengthen, increase function and prevent injury.
- Kinesiology Tape – Makes for a great stocking stuffer! If you have a gym goer, dancer or athlete in the family, Kinesiology tape is a great tool they will often use at some point for training or competition purposes. They often come in fun colours and designs depending on the brand.
- Lacrosse Ball & Foam Roller – Foam rollers can be used for myofascial release of tight muscles and can help prevent muscle soreness after workouts. Lacrosse balls can help release those tight, hard to reach areas. Great for the runners on your list.
- Heating Pad – The MediBeads hot pack is a moist heating pad that helps relieve pain, relax muscles and improve mobility. These are great for the gym lover on your list or someone who complains of tight muscles or arthritis pain.
- The Gift of an Experience – A gym membership, lessons of some sort (boxing, tennis, etc.), a pass to a park or conservation area that includes hiking or an activity that can be done together.
7. The Gift of Relaxation and Stress Relief – There are many options that can help a loved one wind down after the stresses of school, work, and home life. Curling up with tea, hot coco and a good book to having a hot stone massage can help with sleep and stress relief. Activity such as dancing, walking, and boxing is a great way to get exercise as well as burn off some stress and increase concentration. Colouring books for adults, knitting, and crossword puzzles are also ways to briefly re-focus our energy.
Our Team at Palermo Physio and Wellness Centre in North Oakville wishes everyone a happy and safe holiday season with their loved ones.