We are so pleased to let everyone know that Chiropodists (foot care) are now allowed to see and treat patients in person beyond what has been dictated as being “emergent care”.
We know that these past few months have been difficult for most of us, and we are here for you.
We would like to put your mind at ease, when we tell you that we will be providing the same excellent service and care while implementing even great cleaning and sanitizing efforts.
Most of the “new” standards are what we have been doing at Palermo Footclinic since the beginning. What may be a little little different right now is your interaction with the front desk.
- When booking appointments you will be asked COVID-19 screening questions.
- We ask that your intake paperwork be filled in online and sent in prior to your appointment time.
- Upon entering our clinic for your appointment you will be asked to sanitize your hands, and wear a mask. You will then be asked the COVID-19 screening questions again.
- We are using enhanced cleaning measures throughout the clinic, throughout the day.
- You will notice less chairs in the waiting area, as such we ask that you wait until 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to enter the building and make your way to the clinic, if possible please use the stairs to make your way to our suite on the 2nd floor. This will prevent backlog in the lobby area.
- Once you “pass” the screening questions, you will be taken directly to the treatment room or a chair in our open gym area. These will be spaced at an appropriate distance.
- We encourage your family members to wait for you in the car. If you are in need of support, or a translator, one parson may accompany you in the treatment room.
- The Chiropodist will also be wearing a mask during your appointment (as usual). With added eye protection, a treatment gown (appointment dependent)
- We are offering contactless payment options. Tap is accepted or etransfer through your online banking is also an option.
- Your Chiropodist will encourage booking follow-up appointments through them at the end of your appointment to avoid time at the front.
- As always, before your appointment, the Chiropody room will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly
- All tools used by our Oakville Chiropodists are sterilized in a device called an autoclave and are used only for you before being sterilized again.
If you have any questions or concerns we are here. You can email us at email@example.com or call at (905) 582-9700. Please be patient with us as we are busy trying to get back to our “new” “new normal”.
We wish you all the best – The team at Palermo Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre & Palermo Foot Clinic