You will likely have these screening questions memorized soon. In compliance with all of our professional colleges (Chiropody, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy) and the Ministry of Health for in person appointments, our Oakville based clinic will be conducting COVID-19 screening questions.
All our colleges are just a little bit different. In order to have a blanket clinic policy we will be operating to satisfy the most stringent of requirements.
You will be asked these questions at 3 points.
- When you book the appointment. We understand that some people book appointments weeks in advance, this is why steps 2 and 3 will happen.
- When you enter our Oakville office space. When you check in for your appointment you will be asked the COVID-19 screening questions. If you “fail” the screening your appointment will be rescheduled and you will be provided with further steps.
- When you are taken in to your Chiropody, Physiotherapy, Massage appointment. Your practitioner is mandated by their college to screen you as well. Rest assured that our whole team including your practitioner will be required to self screening prior to bing allowed to enter the clinic.
We appreciate your patience with this regard as know that this may impede the flow of your day. Your honesty is appreciated as we wish to protect our team and all our patients.
- Do you have a fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had any close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness OR travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 OR had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you have two (2) or more of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Hoarse Voice
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decreased or loss of sense of smell or taste
- Unexplained fatigue / malaise
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose / sneezing without other known cause
- Nasal congestion without other known cause
5. If the person is 65 years of age or older, are they experiencing any of the following:
- delirium, unexplained or increase number of falls, acute functional decliner worsening chronic conditions?
COVID-19 Screening Results:
If responds to ALL screening questions NO = COVID Screen Negative
If responds to ANY of the screening questions YES = COVID Screen Positive
If you are “COVID Screen Positive then:
• You cannot attend in person our Oakville clinic for at least 14 days; (we will continue to offer virtual physiotherapy sessions so you may reschule into one of those times if you would like for Physiotherapy treatment);
• You must complete the Ontario Government’s self-assessment; and
• Contact an appropriate authority such as your family physician, local medical officer of health or Telehealth Ontario.
We wish you and your loved ones all the best and if you have further questions regarding our screening measures of other measures out Oakville clinic will be taking, please contact us.