Stumped for holiday gifts this year? Cutting it dangerously close? Need some ideas to spark your inspiration?
Is your loved one missing the gym but COVID-19 restrictions are making it hard to go? Or maybe that describes you!
Set them (or yourself) up for success!
What about a subscription to online classes?
Or perhaps some gym equipment for home?
- 5s, 10s, 15s, and 20 lb dumbbells are pretty useful to have at home. Or better yet, adjustable dumbbells! You only need the one set! Same goes for adjustable ankle weights.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a 15+ lb kettlebell!
- An exercise ball can challenge our planks, bridges, and add to other core activities as well
- Doorway pull up bar
- Resistance bands
- Skipping rope
- Plyo box for box jumps!
- Ever heard of The Mirror? A full-length mirror that doubles as a high-tech personal trainer with access to tons of yoga, boxing, barre, and cardio classes
- Whether or not you have a treadmill, stationary bike, or a set of weights… a protective mat for your flooring is always recommended!
- Workout gloves for a more comfortable grip and less calluses
- Acupressure ball or a foam roller. The foam roller is not just for rolling; it can be great for back and postural exercises!
Are they getting into running?
- A good pair of running shoes can go a looong way!
- A Fitbit or Apple watch to track heart rate, steps, and mileage.
- A running belt for keys, water, and keeping your phone safe
- Airpods or earphones for music (or podcasts!)
- Running with the dog? Hands-free dog leash!
- If running in colder weather, thermal and sweat-wicking activewear is a must!
- Glow-in-the-dark bands or reflective gear for running at night!
- Hiking shoes have better traction, offer better protection for your feet in the rougher terrain, and are more durable
- Hiking backpack
- Hiking socks minimize sweat and blisters
Are they getting into yoga?
- Subscription to classes, or something online like the Down Dog app!
- A yoga mat is obviously a must. They can even be personalized with your name and design of your choice! Thickness and material make a difference based on the
- A complete yoga set comes with yoga blocks and a yoga strap. If restorative yoga is your thing, a bolster or two might be nice 😉
- Or more easily, get them a gift card for Lululemon, Half Moon, or any other active brand
Or something else?
- Are they interested in picking up tennis or badminton? They’ll need racquets!
- Nordic Pole Walking? They’ll need poles!
- Swimming? They’ll need goggles!
- Cycling? Aside from a bike, they’ll need a helmet! And one of those eco-friendly, easy to drink from water bottles 😉
- Kickboxing? They’ll need gloves, hand wraps, and a punching bag!
- Zumba? Pilates? Tai Chi? Qi Gong? Are there local or online classes available?
Or maybe they need to focus more on rest days and self-care…
- Bath salts, bath bombs, bath pillow!
- A massage certificate!
- An electrical moist-heat heating pad
- A subscription to Headspace, or other meditation apps
- Noise-cancelling headphones!
- Heated foot spa and massager!
- Essential oils diffuser
- Gratitude or motivation journal