We treat people of all ages at our North Oakville foot clinic and Orthotic clinic who experience foot pain. Foot pain as a primary complaint come on suddenly and intensely or gradually. For some it can be difficult to pinpoint a specific incident that has led to foot pain.
Pain in the foot often occurs in the heel, in the arch, or the balls of the feet. These types of foot pain often have the precipitating factor of overall foot function. Chiropodists as foot specialists, find that these faulty foot mechanics combined with improper footwear is what leads to foot and leg pain. Some of these faulty biomechanics and improper footwear can lead to other types of foot pain. This includes ingrown toenails, blisters, corns and calluses.
Foot Pain Tips:
- Care about your footwear! Spend time finding the best footwear for you and YOUR feet. Your Chiropodist can assess your feet and advise you on the best options for dress shoes, casual shoes, and athletic shoes. This may be an investment- but remember, happy feet are healthy feet!
- If you are experiencing any signs of foot pain or foot issues it is ideal to have it assessed sooner to help prevent longer term issues.
- Foot pain that accompanied by signs of swelling, redness, bruising, difficulty weight-bearing should be assessed by a podiatric practitioner (Chiropodist or Podiatrist).
- Foot pain is not normal. Worsening or lingering foot pain should be assessed an treated by a Chiropodist and their partnering Physiotherapist if appropriate.
- If you have diabetes or have decreased foot sensation it is important to have your feet checked on a regular basis to prevent complications.