It’s hard to believe that the end of 2019 is fast approaching. This is often the time of year when people have a “foot check-up” with our Oakville Chiropodist, and often get a new pair of custom orthotics.
Private benefits often restart at the beginning of the calendar year, so this is a rime that people like to make sure they are all set with their orthotics and compression socks. If you are unsure what your benefits allow for in terms of pairs of custom orthotics / year or every 2 years call the phone number on your benefits card, or look into your benefits package.
People find relief with custom orthotics for a variety of reasons:
- They can unload pressure points and prevent pressure ulcers in people who have diabetes.
- Help relieve pain for those with osteoarthritis of the knee, feet, hips, ankles and toes.
- Help relieve pain from plantar fasciitis (foot pain in the bottoms of the feet)
- Offload areas of pressure in high and low arches.
- Prevent corns
- Prevent and relieve metatarsalgia (pain at the ball of the foot)
For many people custom made orthotics work well in conjunction with physiotherapy and exercise therapy.
Our last date for Orthotics appointments, to ensure you have your orthotics dispensed to you before the end of the year is DECEMBER 10, 2019.
If you have any questions please call our Oakville office (905) 582-9700