Clinic Update: Assistive Devices Program

As of late November, Physio Tim is an Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Authorizer. ADP is run by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and collaborates with community vendors to subsidize necessary medical equipment for Ontario residents. Tim can now request funding for walking aids (walkers, canes etc) he deems clinically necessary. If approved, a client will receive 75% funding for the device and be responsible for the remaining 25%. This funding can come from private insurance, community organizations (ie the Legion, Easter Seals) or simply out of pocket. At Palermo Physiotherapy and Wellness, this service is included within the standard Physiotherapy fee schedule (ie no additional fee) as a part of a Physiotherapy treatment plan. Check out the included link for further eligibility criteria