The team at Palermo Physio and Wellness, would like to wish all our Oakville neighbours with back to school today.
It is an exciting time and the schedule and pace changes substantially as we move into fall.
Here are a few tips to get through the day:
- Unclench your jaw – many people clench and grind their teeth in times of increased stress. This can leave you with a tender TMJ and surrounding muscles.
- Give yourself extra time – you’re less likely to run into issues if you’ve given yourself a few extra minutes to get where you need to go.
- Give your feet a break! Try not to wear brand new shoes, that aren’t broken in. Chiropodist Arien often see’s people with foot pain following a full day in brand new or ill-fitting shoes.
- Breath! Yoga Therapist Jen has a few breathing exercises she loves to give! These help a person focus and calms down the nervous system.
- Move! Times of transition are when many people lose momentum and often exercise fall by the wayside. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing these next few weeks. Take some time and get moving.